Tuesday, April 20, 2010

University of Virginia Department of Psychology Seeking Gay Couples for Study

I received an e-mail from Cristina Reitz-Krueger, a Doctoral Student at the University of Virginia (my Alma mater),asking me to do a post on a research project that she is working on. She is seeking engaged LGBT couples who are planning to marry or enter into a committed domestic partnership. To participate in the study, one must be: Between 20-35 years of age and you and your romantic partner must: Live in the United States at least 50% of the time; Not currently be parents; and plan to marry or have a commitment ceremony for the first time within the next 365 days. Here is the text that I was asked to publish:
*
Engaged volunteers needed!
*
I am looking for volunteers for a study of attitudes towards marriage and parenthood among engaged couples. The study consists of a 25-30 minute online survey. To qualify for the study, you must be 20-35 years old, live in the U.S., and plan to marry or have a commitment ceremony within the next 365 days. You and your romantic partner must not have children, and this must be the first marriage for both of you.
*
You can:
*
-Help a doctoral candidate;
-Increase the pool of scientific knowledge;
-Support research on marriage and families; and
-Spend some time thinking about your relationship!
*
I am working with Dr. Charlotte J. Patterson, a Professor of Psychology at the University of Virginia. This study has been approved by the University of Virginia Institutional Review Board #2009025800.
*
If you and/or your romantic partner are interested in participating or want further information, please email me at survey.couples@gmail.com. I will send you a link that you can use to access the study.
*
I hope that readers who meet the stated criteria will help Christina out. Sadly, the boyfriend and I do not meet the age limit and I have children - although we might well get married within the next 365 days. :)

No comments: