Blue Virginia has a great post that looks at the attitudes of Bob McDonnell in comparison with those of Pat Robertson. What one finds is that the reactionary, anti
-freedom of religion attitude of Robertson is synonymous more or less with the views of McDonnell. Does Virginia really need a raging theocrat
as governor? I do not think so. Here is the Blue Virginia
post in its entirety as well as the answers:
Can you tell who said the following? Was it Pat Robertson or Bob McDonnell?
Separation of Church and State
(1) "There is no such thing as separation of church and state in the Constitution. It is a lie of the Left and we are not going to take it anymore."
(2) "Leaders must correct the conventional folklore about the separation of church and state."
BONUS: "I don't know that atheists should be considered citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God." ~ George Bush
(3) "Further expenditures would be used to subsidize a dynamic new trend of working women and feminists that is ultimately detrimental to the family"
(4) "The feminist agenda is not about equal rights for women. It is about a socialist, anti-family political movement that encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism, and become lesbians."
(5) "I know this is painful for the ladies to hear, but if you get married, you have accepted the headship of a man, your husband. Christ is the head of the household and the husband is the head of the wife, and that's the way it is, period."
(6) "It is not a surprising attack by liberals who measure equality [between men and women] on a factual economic basis"
(7) "(feminists are the) real enemies of the traditional family."
(8) "The feminist agenda is not about equal rights for women. It is about a socialist, anti-family political movement that encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism, and become lesbians."
(9) "We're going to bring back God and the Bible and drive the gods of secular humanism right out of the public schools of America."
(10) “The state government has a legitimate role to ensure that family members are educated and socialized in order to operate at a minimum level of self-sufficiency”
As for who made the above statements, the answers are as follows:
(1) Pat Robertson(2) Bob McDonnell(3) Bob McDonnell(4) Pat Robertson(5) Pat Robertson(6) Bob McDonnell(7)Bob McDonnell(8)Pat Robertson(9)Pat Robertson(10)Bob McDonnell
This is NOT what Virginia needs to move it forward. Taliban Bob's claims that he's a moderate are merely well orchestrated lies.