Sunday, October 04, 2009

A Very Humbling and Beautiful Message

Since I began this blog in earnest back in April, 2007, it has become a significant part of my life and, yes, something very addictive. It helps me vent my frustrations - and at times rage - at the injustice faced by LGBT individuals around the world. In addition, it has opened up numerous friendships and activist opportunities that I value deeply. Fortunately, the boyfriend understands and accepts my daily ritual of posting a couple of things in the morning before breakfast and then an evening session online as we watch TV or he works on Salon paperwork while I satisfy my news junkie needs and work up three to four more posts. In the process of doing the blog, I rarely see myself as doing much of consequence for others. Then, out of the blue I get a message such as this one concerning "Monday Melt Down - Update" that blows me away:
*
Michael: Please take care of yourself, and let others care for you who want to. how can the thousands of us who benefit from your blog help you? Let us know--we want to assist.
*
As I continue to work, one day at a time, on my own coming out process, separation and pending divorce, and questioning whether there will ever be love and happiness in my life again, you and your wisdom, insights and experiences are what I have counted on almost everyday these past 14 months.
*
Thank you for all you to for so many. You must "do" for yourself, too, my friend.
*
Jon
*
Jon, I want to thank you for the beautiful message. I am truly humbled by you kind words. Just be confident that you WILL find happiness and love. The journey may be difficult - I feel at times that my life is like an afternoon soap opera - but it can be done. That said, I DO want to make a difference and messages like yours help me see that there is meaning and perhaps a purpose for what I go through in my darkest hours.
*
As for your question, what can readers do for me? Keep on reading the blog and tell others about it. In addition, share your own stories so that I can highlight them in a post or send me information on yourself and a photo so that I can get to know you - or even do a post profiling you under a "My Readers" posts. My view is that all of us gays are in this life adventure together and that the best thing we can do is support and provide understanding to one another. If we do not provide it to one another, no one else will. I can always be reached via e-mail at michaelinnorfolk@gmail.com.

2 comments:

carole said...

A beautiful post, Michael, and a lovely pic of you, too. Thanks!

Melissa said...

Michael,
I am replying to your updated posts and the progress that is hopefully being made with the ex! Also,I have been reading your blogs as well to help me deal and cope with a situation that is very tender at this moment in our family's lives,and it helped to read the blog about the importance
of teaching children about homosexuality. I hope it will help to enlighten me and the person who is facing this at this tender time in their life. I hope you continue to stay strong! We think the world of you,and so happy that you have such a wonderful and supportive partner in Barry! Blessings! Melissa Hart