Saturday, August 16, 2008

Appalachian Trail - 8/16/08 Update

Me, Burples, Toots, Pusher
*
UPDATED: I had a great time with my son and daughter today. He certainly has all kinds of interesting stories to recount and said he has hundreds of pictures he has not yet uploaded. He plans to review them and add more to his flickr account and I will share more once he does so. As I have said before, I consider my children my greatest accomplishment and having them makes all the years of unhappiness worthwhile.
*
*
As I posted on August 13th, my son completed his 2,176 mile odyssey on the Appalachian Trail on August 12, 2008 (my birthday). He's back in Virginia Beach as of late last night and I am going to meet him and my oldest daughter for a late lunch and will get to hear first hand about all of his adventures. I suspect it's going to be rough for him to return to the "white bread" suburbia and conservatism of Virginia Beach. I have posted two more photos from the summit of Mt. Katahdin, the northern terminus of the AT. "Burples, Toots and Pusher" are other thru hikers he journeyed with on the last leg of the adventure. The captions are my son's words from his flickr account. And yes, I continue to be so very, very proud of him. What an adventure!!
Last walk in the sky before going back to earth.

No comments: