Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Appalachian Trail - 8/12/08 Update - HE"S DONE!!

I've been worrying for a number of days about my son's progress given the terrible rain, flash floods and cold temperatures in Maine. Last night he dropped me a quick e-mail to say that he was done. Here's the post from his official Trail Journal:
*
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
*
Destination: KATAHDIN
Starting Location: the birches
*
Today's Miles: 10.00
Trip Miles: 2176.00
*
I'm done! Summited today with Toots, Burples, and Pusher. Hell yeah! 138 days, 2176 miles. So awesome. Good luck to everyone still hiking! -Bad Idea
*
It's an amazing accomplishment and I am so very proud of him. I suspect he will upload more photos today or tomorrow and I will share some with all of you. What a wonderful conclusion to my birthday to receive this news.

1 comment:

Java said...

FANTASTIC!! Congratulations to your son, and to you as well, proud papa. There is much to be proud of.