Friday, July 22, 2011

Happy Birthday Sweetheart

Today is the boyfriend's birthday and tomorrow is the third anniversary of our first date. Over the past three years he has proven to be a sweet and gentle soul and I am so very lucky to have him in my life. That's not to say there isn't occasional friction in our relationship - I usually check his infrequent Germanic rigidness by saying "Yes, mein Fuhrer" - as in any relationship. But over all he's truly sweet, kind and loving. Indeed, he's one of the nicest people I've ever known. It's no wonder that his client's nearly worship him.

*

I hope he has a wonderful day today and a few friends and my youngest daughter and her boyfriend will be getting together with us for a birthday dinner this evening.

*

For those coming out later in life, what I've found with the boyfriend proves that it does get better and that there is a new life out there waiting for you even at times you feel your entire world has collapsed and left nothing to replace it. Patience is the key, although that's not exactly one of my strongest attributes. Believe that there's a positive future and it will arrive in time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Michael, to you and your boyfriend. He's quite handsome, love that blond hair.

I truly hope your last paragraph comes true for me some day soon.

Peace <3
Jay