Thursday, April 29, 2010

A "Thank You" From/To Robyn Deane

The way in which the Internet allows one to connect with people is amazing. I just received a comment from Robyn Deane, Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell's transgender former sister-in-law, concerning the effort made to disseminate her message. Her message is posted on The Bilerico Project version of the post I did on this blog. Robyn is not the first to connect based on blog posts that I have done. Recently, after posting about Australian former Olympic swimmer Daniel Kowalski, I was surprised to find an e-mail from Kowalski himself saying "Thank You." Here's the message from Robyn Dean:
*
Hello!!
*
I signed on to say "Thank you!!" to everyone that went before me, paving an easier road to travel than was available long ago when I first realized who I was. Now, it's becoming difficult to imagine a world where such uplifting support wouldn't be available!! Sometimes, I think, we overlook just how far we've come...doesn't mean the job is done; just that we've made quite a bit of progress!!
*
Again, Thank you all very much and I remain committed (Oh my, the sense of humor just jumped into hyper-drive!!) ...to our cause, that is, until the questions change from "Who do they think they are?" to "What were we all thinking?" If it takes being "in it" for the long-haul to get to that point, then I'm in it for the long-haul!!
*
Warmest regards,
*
Robyn Deane

*
My message to Robyn is," Thank You for your courage and willingness to speak out for fairness and equality." If we all work together we can continue to change hearts and minds.

No comments: