Saturday, June 02, 2007

Divorce Wars - Eve of Battle

On Monday afternoon I have another hearing in Court in the ongoing divorce war with the estranged wife. I suspect she and her latest attorney – she fired the woman attorney from Regent Law School - will again try to play the “gay card” even though the judge in charge of the hearing has previously smacked her down on this issue (plus suggested she get a real job). I hope to get an order entered that will prohibit her and her attorney from venturing into the issue of sexual orientation during the depositions of me and the b/f on Tuesday afternoon. I have every expectation that she and her attorney would like to try to humiliate me for being gay and make it nasty for the b/f, so I truly hope the judge cuts them off at the knee caps again.

What I truly do not understand is that while she wants to wring every possible dollar out of me, she just doesn’t get it that if she trashes me, hurts my law practice, etc. I will be LESS able to pay her money!! Hello!! What’s so hard to figure out here??? Sadly, none of her attorneys seem to get it either.

In any event, what she doesn’t get is that I am NOT ashamed to be gay. Granted, that was not always the case, but after 37 years of Hell in the closet, lots of therapy and all that’s been involved in coming out, I am now GAY AND PROUD. I guess she’s the one ashamed that I am gay – and probably embarrassed that during 24 years of marriage she claims she never figured it out. As they say, Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Trashing me may give her temporary pleasure and glee, but it’s actually counter productive. In my view, her current conduct gives credence to those who say women are inherently irrational.
The photo at left is not one of her, but to me reflects her current mind set - punish me and hurt me. I have never wanted this to be nasty, but she is not giving me much choice and is truly a fool if she thinks I will not fight back.

3 comments:

daveincleveland said...

goodluck on monday....is this what i have to look forward to?????

BostonPobble said...

*sigh* Good luck with this.

When I got divorced, there were people in my life who suggested I behave this way. I chose not to ~ and yes, ended up being the one screwed in the process. But you know what? I maintained my dignity, my self-respect and my pride. And now I've got a really great life and can look myself in the eyes every morning while I brush my teeth.

ABSOLUTELY fight back, just don't let her get you to lower yourself to her level. In the end, you'll be the one looking yourself in the eye with pride. I'm sorry for you that she doesn't get that.

Anonymous said...

I'll be thinking of you on Monday, and wishing the judge much wisdom to put an end to this silliness once and for all.

Geeze, the energy wasted on being vindictive... if it was put to other purposes, we could probably cure cancer for chrissakes.

If I was the judge, I'd have one line for her...
kwitcherbitchin, get your finger out of your backside, and get on with your life.

Okay, going back to my corner to mutter to myself.