Wednesday, February 01, 2012

What Planned Parenthood Actually Does vs. GOP/Claims

As part of its never ending effort to utterly prostitute itself to the Christian Right, the GOP constantly targets Planned Parenthood - an organization that utilizes only 3% of its budget/funding to provide abortion services. As the chart above from the Washington Post indicates, the other 97% goes to needed services - such as cancer screening - given principally to poor and less affluent Americans. Meanwhile, spineless organizations like the Susan G. Koman Foundation - which has received its last dollar from me - are running scared and kissing the religious extremist asses of the Christianists and withdrawing ALL funding to Planned Parenthood. If you find such pandering to the forces of hate distasteful, let the Susan G. Komen Foundation know here.

No comments: