Thursday, January 10, 2008

Random Thoughts

Although the New Year is here, I am finding it difficult to feel much enthusiasm. Not sure why exactly. Part may be due to burn out and the inability to get away for a vacation due to lack of attorney coverage at the firm, not to mention that the real estate melt down has taken its toll on firm revenues. No romance in my life might be another part of the reason. My roommates are good companions and have certainly helped abate some degree of loneliness, but on the other hand when I see them cuddled on the sofa, I feel a pang of sadness. To me, just to be held by or to cuddle with someone I have romantic feelings for is what I miss most as a result of not being in a relationship. Some readers have e-mailed me and told me I need to just have a fling or one night stand to distract myself. But that’s not what I am looking for. I am longing for Mr. Right, not Mr. Right Now. And so life moves along.

On the work front, I will be speaking to a group of 30 or so new real estate investors on Saturday. The talk will be about ways to take advantage of the severely down real estate market. If one has money or good credit, there are amazing deals that can be secured if one takes their time and looks for bargains. After that I will be getting together with one or more of my children for lunch or just spending time together before my youngest heads back to college on Sunday.

No comments: