Monday, June 02, 2014

My New Career Path


It was a crazy and chaotic weekend as I closed down my law firm and move furniture and computers to the new firm offices.  I am hopefully that once the chaos of the move and the attendant computer/IT issues are fully sorted out that things will fall into a calmer and more business focused atmosphere.  It was difficult to tell my subtenants that they will need to negotiate with the landlord - who hopefully will not be an ass - for there continued use of the space after June 30, 2014, the date through which my law firm will pay rent and utilities.

Going forward, I am excited about being able to work more closer to home and not have to run the gauntlet of the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel daily.  For those looking for me, my new work contact information is as follows:

Dillon Law Group, PLC
2809 South Lynnhaven Road, Suite 160
Virginia Beach, VA 23452
(757) 962-4796
mhamar@dillonlawgrp.com
www.dillonlawgrp.com
*Licensed in VA, TX & AL

Offices:
2809 South Lynnhaven Road, Suite 160
Virginia Beach, VA 23452
(757) 962-4796

11815 Fountain Way, Suite 300
Newport News, Virginia 23606
(757) 926-5255

As noted before, it has been very nice to experience the manner in which Liberty Title & Escrow is fully LGBT accepting - something which is a far cry from the local law firm that forced me out a decade ago for being gay.

With operations in 31 states, Liberty Title greatly expands my ability to serve clients, both here in Virginia and elsewhere.  I hope readers will feel free to contact me for advice and/or services not that I am with a firm with an extensive national reach.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is SOOOO AWESOME! Congratulations to you and your husband! I'm sure this new job will be a great leap forward for you!!!! And don't worry about the IT issues, they'll be solved by Indians or Pakistanis in about 3 years (just ask my friends at CapOne who have to integrate acquired banks into their system).

Peace <3
Jay