Friday, October 12, 2012

Headed to Nassau on Sunday

I suspect that it will not be as upscale as the cruise of the Western Mediterranean that the boyfriend and I did last year at this time on Royal Caribbean, but on Sunday we sail out of Norfolk headed to Nassau in the Bahamas aboard the Carnival Glory (pictured above).  Booking through BJ's Travel the price made the cruise too good to pass up (the over 55 discount made the deal even sweeter).  I suspect that there may be local and other readers of this blog on board and, if that's the case, I hope folks will touch base with me.  Nothing would be more fun than to get together for drinks or an evening in the ship's dance club or one of the other bars.

Since I have to stay in contact with my law firm, I will be using satellite Internet while on board and I will be doing some blog posting over the six days that we are on board ship.   Needless to say, unless something really gets me riled up, the volume of post will likely be reduced.  I will be posting some photos through out the trip.

Fortunately, we have the Obama campaign staffer that we are housing through election day to house sit for us and keep an eye on things while we are gone. And since we sail right from Norfolk, it will be a simple drive to Norfolk and my daughter or son-in-law will simply drop us at the cruise terminal  It can't be much easier.

In any event, it should be a welcomed get away.  Again, I am serious about the offer that if there are any blog readers going on the cruise, we'd love to get together and chat in person.  Drop me an e-mail or leave a comment.


No comments: