Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Two Days of Chaos

The coming two days will be insane as we get ready to go to Key West early on Friday morning (A photo of where the boyfriend is taking us is above - it's on Fleming Street. He's taking me on the trip as his Christmas gift to me - frequent flyer miles amazingly covered all airfare). With contractors coming to tear out sheet rock throughout the first floor from the floor up to a height of four feet and to remove all of the lower kitchen cabinets at the boyfriend's/our house on Monday morning, we are in the final push to get EVERYTHING out of the first floor. The guest bath tub now holds all our household cleaning items, food stores are in plastic tubs in the master bedroom closet, and the second floor looks like a warehouse. One last trip to the storage unit will take place tonight. In about 68 weeks, we get to move everything back in.
*
Meanwhile it will be a crazed push to get everything ready and lined up at the office for while I am gone. Fortunately, several of my Hindu clients are in India until the 25th, so their deals will close that week or the week after. Plus, the courts are closed Friday for Lee-Jackson Day and then on Monday for Martin Luther King Day. Nonetheless, as a solo practitioner, there is never a complete vacation, so I will be talking to the office daily and, of course, having all relevant e-mails forwarded. I guess a working vacation is the best description. At the salon, the boyfriend is likewise getting all lined up. Just to add to the craziness, I have a HRBOR board of directors meeting tonight and I speak to a Peninsula based real estate investor group tomorrow evening.
*
I hope this trip snaps me out of the doldrums. Two friends will be on the trip and I anticipate seeing a client or two while we're in Key West. Again, I never get a complete vacation. But thank God, the weather is warming up so we should be greeted by temperatures in the mid-70"s.
*
I will have the lap top with me and will blog, although perhaps on a reduced basis. As for readers who may be in Key West next week, please drop me an e-mail. We'd love to meet up with you for a drink or whatever.

No comments: