Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sunday Thoughts - Update


The beach was wonderful - cloudless sky, light breeze off the water to keep it comfortable, and plenty of open space between the beachgoers (I cannot understand going to a beach where your fellow beach goers are two to three feet away from you). The water is still about 60 F degrees, so it's not swimming temperature yet - at least by local standards. Later in the season, Chesapeake Bay gets up close to 80 degrees, while the ocean usually tops out at about 76 or so. There is always something so relaxing about the sound of the waves on the beach that makes thoughts and cares wade into the back ground.
*
I will probably just chill tonight - I went dancing last night at The Wave with my straight friend, Vivian, and saw many of the usual crowd. I find dancing bot a great aerobic workout and a great stress reliever too. I am definitely lucky to have three clubs withing a 7 block radius of the house.
*
Not sure what tomorrow will bring. Depending on the weather and whether I got over cooked in the sun today, it may be another day at the beach after putting a second coat of paint of the door and porch areas I painted today. Right now, I'm fixing black beans and rice with sausage New Orleans style. I hope all my readers are having a great weekend.

No comments: