Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snowy Charlottesville Saturday


My posting frequency was down yesterday since we drove up to Charlottesville last evening and were pretty much exhausted after busy days and an uneventful drive. Thankfully, my mother seems pretty good and also seems to be accepting the fact that she will not be driving henceforth and likes the aid that comes in to take her to appointments and on errands, etc. Needless to say I am hugely relieved after hearing disparate reports from my sisters, each of whom work in the medical field.
*
We woke up this morning to a blanket of about three inches of snow on the ground with the snow continuing to wall steadily. Reportedly, Virginia Beach - which typically gets the least snow of anywhere in the state - already has four inches of snow. I'm sure people will be freaking out and the biggest hazard will be drivers that know nothing about driving in snow. Having learned to drive in the snow country of central New York, I had plenty of practice driving in many feet of snow.
*
Today will be a day for staying inside and reading a good book - my mother is an avid reader - watching old movies and , of course, blogging. Naturally, the boyfriend has taken over the kitchen as is the norm when we visit. Looking out the living room window through the falling snow, I cannot even see the summit upon which Jefferson's Monticello - i.e., "Little Mountain" - sits a mile away off to the east northeast. The snow is beautiful and a change from what us Tidewater folks are used to seeing.

No comments: