Saturday, January 26, 2013

Snowy Saturday Morning

It doesn't snow often in Hampton Roads, and when it does chaos generally ensues.  Yesterday's snow coincided with evening rush hour and created a traffic nightmare (i) because so many locals have no idea of how to drive in snow, (ii) the local cities have totally inadequate crews and trucks to deal with it, and (iii) the temperatures guaranteed that a thin layer off ice underlay the snow on the roads.  You know it's bad when you can feel your car sliding sideways when not even moving.  My drive home which normally takes 25-30 minutes max took about an hour and 15 minutes.  Fortunately, I left the office three hours early.  The boyfriend and I had a relaxing evening watching Downton Abbey season two in our effort to catch up with the third season.  This morning is clear and beautiful as the photo above looking across the backyard and Robinson Creek reveals.

After blogging this morning I have to make up for the three hours of work I did not get done yesterday due to leaving early.   This evening we are doing dinner with friends to celebrate a friend's birthday, so at least I have "reward" to look forward to if I am diligent today.

No comments: