Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Remembering a Lost Sister



Today would have been my sister's 56th birthday. She is pictured above with my late mother in a photo taken many years ago on the beach on Chesapeake Bay near my parents' former home. Unfortunately, we lost her in 2001 at far too young of an age. While she lives on in our hearts and through her two amazing children (her daughter operates Kitty Lee Thomas Sweets linked to this blog at right), I always find her birthday a time of sadness. I hope she knows that she still constantly in my heart.

1 comment:

Ornery Owl of Naughty Netherworld Press and Readers Roost said...

My condolences on your loss. I'm glad you were blessed with a lovely and talented niece. May you both find good memories of your sister to comfort you today. Best wishes to you.