Thursday, June 25, 2009

Celebrity Deaths

I was saddened to learn of Farah Fawcett's death early today. As crazy as it may sound given me being a gay man and all, but at the height of her popularity and the run of Charlie's Angels, I had quite the crush on Farah. I particularly like the photo/poster at left. Having lost a sister to cancer, I know just how horrible the disease is and the strength of will and character needed to fight it. I cannot help but respect Fawcett's dignified battle against the vicious disease. However, I will always remember her forever young as she looked in the poster.
*
I am also stunned to hear that Michael Jackson died this evening. A friend had sent me a text message, but since he likes to play crazy jokes, I did not believe it a first. Michael Jackson was an amazing talent and one cannot help but wonder if he might not have lived longer but for all the things he did to his body trying to make himself into someone else. I wish he had found more self-acceptance in his life time.
*
I hope that both Farah Fawcett and Michael Jackson have found lasting peace. I don't know if I believe in Heaven per se at times, but I do believe that our spirits/souls exist beyond our mortal bodies. May they rest in peace

No comments: