Monday, February 16, 2009

Blog Launch - Bilerico-DC

I suspect that many readers have read the blog Bilerico Project from time to time. I was lucky enough to meet a number of the contributors to that blog as well as its editor-in-chief at the LGBT Blogger Summit in early December, 2008. Now, a new sister blog, Bilerico-DC, will soon be launching and I've been invited to be one of the contributing writers. A soft launch will take place over the next two weeks with a full launch on March 2, 2009.
*
The plan is that Bilerico-DC will cover politics and culture inside the Washington, DC, Beltway from a LGBT perspective. However, because DC is the federal city and local politics in Virginia and Maryland are at times somewhat national politics as well, in addition to covering what happens on Capitol Hill and at the White House, etc, Bilerico-DC will also have strong coverage about what's happening in Virginia and Maryland. As you might suspect, I will be writing about both Virginia and national issues.
*
I encourage readers to check out the new blog as well as the parent blog. Some of my articles will be cross posted at this blog, but some will not. I am looking forward to this new blogging experience.

No comments: