Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

I want to wish all my readers a very Merry Christmas!!
*
The boyfriend and I had a wonderful Christmas Eve with friends in Williamsburg last night and then attended a beautiful traditional Christmas service at St. John's Episcopal Church in Hampton (pictured at left) not too far from his home. We did this rather than drive all the way back to First Lutheran in Norfolk. St. John's is an interesting church since it is the oldest Anglican parish in continuous existence in America, dating from 1610 - yes, 10 years before the Pilgrims even landed in Massachusetts. The present church building dates from 1728 and is a beautiful cruciform structure.
*
Later today we will drive up to Charlottesville to visit my mother for the weekend. My children are out of town - the girls are in New York City with the ex-wife's parents and my son now lives in Prescott, Arizona - but I will be calling them later in the day to wish them a wonderful Christmas. The boyfriend continues to be a sweetheart and a treasure and I am so fortunate to have him in my life. So far, our first Christmas together has been wonderful.
*
Again, Merry Christmas to all of you who visit this blog.

No comments: