Monday, October 13, 2008

Refections On The Weekend

I spent much of the weekend with the boyfriend (pictured with me at left in a photo taken in Charlottesville the weekend before this just passed) both at social events and yesterday meeting his parents and two of his brothers. He continues to show himself to be a true sweetheart and, unlike so many who have been in my life in the past, he seems to love me just as I am. I am so very grateful to have him in my life.
*
Perhaps the most touching thing to occur in the course of the weekend was when his dad - a retired Baptist minister of all things - gave me a hug and said "welcome to the family." His mother was equally gracious and it was wonderful to meet some of the most important people in his life. Would that all parents would be as loving and accepting as ours have been to their LGBT children. It is such a wonderful gift.

3 comments:

Java said...

Oh how wonderful that his parents are so supportive! I'm so happy for you and for him. You make a cute couple. :)

Ramesh said...

Michael:

Best of everything in life to both of you.

Scott

Mimi said...

Ha! Java, you beat me to it. So, I'll just second what Java said ..... Gee, guess I'll just parrot Scott as well :)

I'm glad you've found each other.

Mimi