Monday, July 27, 2020

Losing a Family Member

Today the husband and I sadly had to say goodbye to our dog Bandit (pictured above with me in 2009 at a friend's Nags Head cottage) who had been my loyal companion for just shy of 15 years. Bandit never met a person or animal he did not like - even if he enjoyed playing Kamikaze to my late cat. He was a gentle little soul and I remember moments like him sitting all day with my late father in my dad's near final days to lying on the bed with me when he perceived me as being sick (i.g., hung over) to playing "crazy dog" when he would race around the house. He saw some of my darkest days during my coming out saga and was always there to give his unconditional love.  He will be much missed.

1 comment:

RichardR said...

So sorry about Bandit, Michael. He sounds like he was a terrific dog.