Friday, August 17, 2012

Romney's "At Least 13%" - He's Utterly Out of Touch

Frankly, it is shocking that Mitt Romney just doesn't get the fact that it's a travesty that while millions of Americans are struggling to survive financially they are paying a higher percentage of the income in taxes than the multimillionaire Romney.   The man is so consumed with a sense of entitlement and arrogance that he cannot fathom how his proud pronouncement is playing with those that Ann Romney views as "you people."  The Daily Dish captures some of the commentary:

The Wire creator David Simon marvels at Romney's nerve in "declaiming proudly" that he paid at least 13% taxes every year:
Thirteen percent. The last time I paid taxes at that rate, I believe I might still have been in college.... I can’t get over the absurdity of this moment, honestly:  Hey, I never paid less than thirteen percent.  I swear.  And no, you can’t examine my tax returns in any more detail.  But I promise you all, my fellow American citizens, I never once slipped to single digits.  I’m just not that kind of guy.
Dreher piles on:
What Simon is getting at is Romney is an extremely rich man who pays significantly less of a percentage of his income in taxes than millions of people who make far less than he does, and he still seems to think he deserves a cookie. I’m sick and tired of him and his wife whining about how people are so mean to them about their taxes.

No comments: