Saturday, August 11, 2012

Pat Robertson to Gays: ‘Bring Forth a Baby’ or ‘Shut Your Mouth’

Years ago at a Republican function I met Pat Robertson and let's just say that I was not impressed.  He came across as an individual having a tempestuous love affair with himself and as someone who thought that he had an entitlement to the tons of money he shakes down daily from his simpleton followers.  Stated more succinctly, he came across as an egotistical and arrogant ass.  If he's a man of God, then I'm Queen Victoria, Empress of India.  His latest statement on the 700 Club further underscore that he's a nasty bigot as well.  True, this is not anything new, but to basically challenge gays to either deliver babies out of their ass or shut up about Marriage equality is pretty crude.  Not to mention that in Roberstson's mind same sex love doesn't exist.  Our relationships according to this snake oil merchant asshole are only about anal sex.   Right Wing Watch has details on Robertson's foul batshitery:

[O]n the 700 Club, Pat Robertson said that activists who don’t want Chick-fil-A on their college campus due to the company’s anti-gay advocacy should keep quiet: “I defy these homosexuals to bring forth a baby from that part of the anatomy which they concentrate on, when that happens I will change everything I’m saying; until that happens, I wish those demonstrators would shut their mouth.” Robertson warned that legal abortion and homosexuality are violations of God’s law and are “the reasons why land will vomit out its inhabitants.”

Robertson:  .  .  .  .    I was reading today in Leviticus, which is the law of the Old Testament, but it lays out the reasons why land will vomit out its inhabitants and it goes through a category of stuff we are calling Constitutional rights: killing babies, offering them to Moloch, and it says it is an abomination for a man to lie with a man as with a woman. It’s what it says. That is the moral law that God set forth and now we’ve got people at a university petitioning because somebody said I believe that marriage is between a man and a woman. I defy these homosexuals to bring forth a baby from that part of the anatomy which they concentrate on, when that happens I will change everything I’m saying; until that happens, I wish those demonstrators would shut their mouth. 

I'm sorry, but it is individuals like Robertson who ought to make the land want to vomit.  All things considered, over the course of history, religion has brought more horrors and suffering to mankind than any of the positives in the form of charitable works that it has fostered.  I suspect the death toll thanks to religion totals in the many millions.  And for what?  Self-gratifying and self-promoting beliefs that allow bigots and the ignorant to feel good about themselves at the expense and lives of others.  

No comments: