Thursday, June 05, 2008

Blogger Meet Up - Update

Last evening I met with Java Jones (a/k/a Doris) of "My Life or Something Like It" who writes out of Greenwood, South Carolina (a small town about 50 miles south of Greenville, South Carolina). First we went to Mixers for a couple of drinks and then we went by my house where Doris got to meet the roommates, Matt and Rob, and we watched an episode of Queer as Folk on Logo, which is not available in Greenwood. Greenwood definitely does not sound like a place where it's easy to be gay. Thus, all the more kudos to Doris and her husband for taking in two gay teens who had been thrown out by their parents for being gay.
*
All in all, I had a wonderful time as did Doris by all appearances. What was remarkable is that although we had never met in person before, it was like we already knew one another and it truly felt like meeting an old friend to talk and catch up on things. As I have said before, through this blog, I have met some truly wonderful people, Doris being one of them. We both agreed that it would be great fun to somehow plan a larger meet up of our blogger friends on the east coast. As Doris left to head back to a relatives home in Virginia Beach, we gave each other a huge hug. The Internet and my cyberspace friends are awesome.

1 comment:

Java said...

It was fantastic meeting you. I had a wonderful time and feel like we really got to know each other better.