Saturday, January 08, 2011

Constant Memories of an Amazing Woman


Although it's been a busy day that ended with an interesting social encounter at the country club (which I will recount in a future post), I continue to be finding myself thinking almost non-stop of my mother and missing her gently, unassuming presence. She had a loving heart and never sought self-aggrandizement. Something some of my siblings clearly did not inherit from her. I will miss her always. The photos of from her wedding day with my dad - June 3, 1950. Ironically, the boyfriend's parents were married on exactly the same day at roughly the same time of day. Go figure.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry for you loss... I can't imagine what you are going through... I made a small donation to the place in Cville... my thoughts are with you,,,

Michael-in-Norfolk said...

Kelly,

Thank you for the kind words and the contribution. Beleive it or not, readers have been wonderful beyond words in the support and kindness. I really feel a special bond with my cyberspace family.

Carole said...

Beautiful candid shots of a lovely lady. And I see her image reflected in your youngest daughter, too! Thanks for posting the pics and your continuing thoughts. You will always remember your mother and all that she was. Be blessed.