Saturday, September 04, 2010

2012 Presidential Campaign Ad Starts Airing — for Hillary

As I have noted before, in retrospect I believe I may have backed the wrong candidate in 2008. Unfortunately, I believed Obama's moving - but utterly insincere - speeches. A Chicago dentist named William DeJean apparently has the same feelings that I do and has paid $5,000 to air some recruit Hillary ads for 2012 in New Orleans. As I have noted before, I hope Obama is challenged for the 2012 nomination and defeated. He needs to learn that words and promises DO matter. As Hillary warned in 2008, he has proven too weak to get done what he promised. This from the Advocate:
*
"She has more experience working in and with the White House than most living presidents,” the ad says about Secretary of State Clinton. “She is one of the most admired women in our nation's history. Let's make sure the president we should have elected in 2008 will be on the ballot in 2012. Hillary 2012: Hillary Clinton for President. Start now. Where there's a Hill there's a way.”
*
Contacted by The Advocate about the ad, DeJean said, “I think my commercial is saying what most are thinking right now. I think there's a lot of buyer's remorse with Obama.”
*
The ad does not address gay rights, and DeJean said that progress on that front did not specifically motivate the ad. However, he said that he believes a Clinton administration would have accomplished more for equality than President Obama has achieved at this point.
*
“I think she would have done what she said she was going to do,” said DeJean. “I don't think he's necessarily followed through on his promises. I saw a sign at the Chicago gay pride parade that said, 'Change, my ass.'”
*
The ad may also run in Washington, New York, Los Angeles, and possibly Houston. Clinton has repeatedly denied any interest in making another run for the presidency.

No comments: