Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Poll Question Update

I have reset the poll widget and, this time, it hopefully blocks repeat votes by the same individual reader. The results had been running 10 to 1 to retain the Male Beauty posts, when suddenly the votes changed by a larger number of "no" votes than the number of visitors to the blog in the same time interval (yes, I can track the number of visitors and where they are from over time periods) I want to get an honest read of readers' preferences that is not distorted by someone who tries to cast numerous votes. Therefore, I ask that people please only vote once.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, the poll wiget is not doing quite what it should.
I originally voted no.
I tried to view the results today but that function would not work.
When I tried voting without making a choice, I was told that my vote had already been counted. However, there are no no votes showing, so there has to be a glitch somehwere. I tried voting no again and got the same message that my vote had been counted.
Thanks for all of your efforts.

vab251

Anonymous said...

Update: The poll seems to be working correctly now, thanks.

vab251