Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thursday Thoughts

Today was a wonderful day - because the weather was gorgeous, everything seems to be under control at the office, my mom seems to be doing well post minor stroke based on my conversation with my sister, and we took a wonderful sunset cruise with a dozen or so other guys staying at the guest house (photos will be posted once the camera recharges and I can down load them - the photo above is from the boat's website). The boyfriend has gone out with some of the group to a local bar, but yours truly is feeling tired and having withdrawals from not blogging more today. The mix of couples here at the guest house is amazing and we had dinner with a couple from Austin, Texas who are actually Australians. A couple from France is still visiting and a couple from Massachusetts just checked in. I again highly recommend the Oasis and its related properties as a wonderful get away.
*
The boyfriend continues to be remarkable and a true treasure. He has been such a huge positive influence on my life and he makes me happier than he will ever know. Would that the economy would turn around and I might feel like I'm once again making positive headway in my life. The thought of work next week is a bit daunting, especially since I will have several commercial closings and have to go to court in a remote neighboring county on a real estate title defense matter. My office manager and my youngest daughter have been gems and kept the office running smoothly. Each day I work on some matters and respond to e-mail, but they have made being away manageable. Both the boyfriend and I needed the get away. We sincerely hope that when we return to Hampton that the worst of the demolition in the house has been completed. The next 6 to 8 weeks living in a construction site will not be enjoyable.

1 comment:

DaveinMpls said...

I'm glad to hear you were able to spend some time on the "Blu Q". My partner and I experienced the joy and fun of a snorkeling adventure with them five years ago. Leave the office behind as much as you can. Keep taking those forward, positive steps with your boyfriend. Look how far you have come since last summer. You survived the storm and the reconstruction of yourself, the house, and salon! Keep moving forward. Enjoy your time in Key West!