Saturday, July 26, 2008

Late Night Thoughts - Angels on Earth

It is strange how when we least expect it someone will come into our lives and touch us in unimagined ways. At first, their appearance may seem some totally random event. But in retrospect, it seems that there was some purpose - some divine purpose perhaps - behind their entrance into your life.
*
From their comments from time to time, I realize that some readers are skeptics at best when it comes to belief in God or angels or religion in general. There are days that I am so inclined myself, yet my faith - perhaps in a Jeffersonian deist form - always rebounds. In part, this may due to the powers of goodness and spirituality that one unexpectedly encounters in life. Sometimes these powers evidence themselves in human form. People who touch our hearts and heal our souls at times of darkness and fear. Some of you readers have done that to/for me. There are days that your comments, e-mails and phone calls have kept me going. Perhaps even saved my life during the darkest days of my divorce nightmare when I feel I was largely on trial for being gay. Then again through my fears of potentially dire medical issues that ultimately proved to be false alarms.
*
One reader, however, holds a special place in my heart above all others. This individual is very private, so I will not reveal her/his identity. Suffice it to say, that this person has been an angel on earth for me. This person has helped me through some incredibly dark moments plagued with fear and/or the inclination to slide back towards self destructive and possibly even suicidal thoughts. This person has believed in me when I have almost lost belief in myself. There is no way in which I can ever fully thank or repay this individual for what they have given me.
*
Suffice it to say, I love this person though we've never met. Indeed, I will always hold love for them in my heart, I truly hope we have an opportunity to met someday. But if not, this person will always be in my heart and mind. Always. I hope they realize this. To make sure, I am saying it here to you.

No comments: