Thursday, December 20, 2007

A Question to Readers

If there are any topics any of you readers would like me to talk about or types of stories you prefer, drop me a comment or an e-mail. I try to post about stories and issues that catch my attention or about which I am passionate, but I may not always address things of interest to all of you. Each of us sees the world from a different perspective, so tell me what I am missing.

Also, I want to wish each and every one of you a wonderful Holiday Season. Your interest in this blog (and in me) have meant a great deal to me over the last eight months that I have been blogging regularly. As I have said before, my "cyberfamily" has helped keep me sane - I think I still am sane, in any event - and been there for me in times of need. Words do not express how much it has meant to me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the blend of politics, business and personal rights. i turn here for a daily fix -- and your take on things i might not even know about.

keep up the good work. thanks.

a kansas reader

Java said...

I check in here for a couple of reasons, almost entirely to check on you. You, Michael, as the out gay man, caring individual that you are. Firstly, I look at the stories and reports to see what catches your interest. (Also I am lazy and if I read it here, I don't have to do my own research.)
Secondly I look for posts like the previous one. I wonder what sort of things are affecting your personal life. What makes you happy, sad, angry, excited. How you are handling the vagaries of your life. I do this because you are my friend and I care about you.
I also like the eye candy, but that's just gravy on the mashed potatoes. It isn't the "why" of my visits to your blog.
Peace, my friend.

Anonymous said...

The thought-provoking dialogue brings me back. The photos can be distracting and I do often think it is sad that although the beauty of the human figure is awesome, it does detract from the complex and important issues you address. I, too, find myself checking in to find out how you are. You have a definitely pleasant and attractive online persona (albeit very opinionated at times, but not without reason, I'm sure). The true and earnest person underlying the facade has a wonderful caring and giving spirit. You deserve to have a most blessed and warm Christmas. Be comfortable and relaxed. Enjoy the holiday and enjoy yourself -- knowing that you are still getting to know and be truthful with yourself and are now sharing that with others who accept you for who you are. Please be Merry and don't worry too much. Good things do happen to good people and you are a very good person. You are truly inspiring.

Peace.

~ an anonymous, one time acquaintance who can't help be admire you from afar.

In the NY woods said...

May your holiday season be filled with joy and may 2008 bring you the happiness you deserve.