Monday, June 04, 2007

Postings Today and Thoughts on Blogging


I am not sure how much opportunity I will have to post today since I have the divorce hearing battle this afternoon and I have to assemble a ton of materials to once again convince the Court - if not the delusional and vengeful estranged wife - that I really don't have hidden money or money buried in the back yard. Tomorrow should be even worse with depositions of both me and Raymond.

Meanwhile, I saw Euphoric had a post on Real Euphoria that did a great job explaining why I too get a theraputic boost from writing this blog:

"The Blog: . . . .I find this better than writing in a more private journal. As I explained the big difference between writing on a blog versus a journal is the way I write. . . . [A] journal is like you are writing about yourself blah blah where I find when writing on the blog it is like talking to someone. It may be a minor difference to some but to me it is a huge difference and therfore feels in a way like I am telling a story. The other part of that is that by writing here I am putting it out there and not bottling it up in my own little world. The most amazing thing I have discovered since starting to blog is that I have discovered I am not the only person out there with values and morals that are like mine. By putting myself out there I have discovered that there are other gay men out there who think similar to me. The one thing that goes along with that is I have had a certain amount of validation from readers . . . . Validation that what I think and feel is both reasonable and shared."

I agree with Euphoric's sentiments completely, and I thank all you readers and commentors - including you, Euphoric - for the validation you have given me.

3 comments:

BostonPobble said...

It's Monday afternoon. I have no idea what time court is. And I'm sending you warm fuzzies.

D-Man said...

I am sending you all sorts of good energy to help you in your upcoming travails.

XOXO

Anonymous said...

Michael,

It's mutual :-)

We all keep coming back because we enjoy hanging out with you here.

XO