Monday, October 18, 2010

Virginia Beach Republican Committee Chair and Scott Rigell Backer Forwards Racist Email

I truly had been leaning towards not voting in the local congressional election due to my utter disgust with the Liar-in-Chief, a/k/a Barack Obama and the Congressional Democrats. But today I was forwarded to a story by a friend who found the piece on Blue Virginia, a liberal blog based in Richmond, Virginia about a "joke" being circulated by Scott Rigell BFF, David Bartholomew, Chair of the Virginia Beach Republican City Committee (Rigell and Bartholomew are pictured above). It's easy at times to forget just how vile and disgusting today's GOP has become. The GOP increasingly is a party of racists, white supremacists and homophobes. In spite of my lack of enthusiasm, Mr. Bartholomew just made my decision for me and I will go to the polls on November 2, 2010, to vote not so much for Glenn Nye, but against Scott Rigell who I suspected yukked it up over Bartholomew's "joke." I knew Rigell was a homophobe, now we know he's a racist in all likelihood too. Here are highlights from Blue Virginia:
*
David Bartholomew, Chair of the Virginia Beach Republican Committee, has been forwarding around a "joke" via email. The only problem, other than the fact that it's not particularly funny, is that it's blatantly racist. Check it out.
*
MY DOG
I went down this morning to sign up my Dog for welfare.
At first the lady said, "Dogs are not eligible to draw welfare".
*
So I explained to her that my Dog is black, unemployed, lazy, can't speak
English and has no frigging clue who his Daddy is.
*
So she looked in her policy book to see what it takes to qualify...
*
My Dog gets his first check Friday.
*
Is this is a great country or what?
*
*
How do I know that it's Dave Bartholomew forwarding this racist "joke" around? On the RPVB website, his email's publicly listed as dbarh2o@aol.com.
*
Apparently, Scott Rigell has belatedly issued a denunciation of Bartholomew's e-mail, but from what I know of Rigell and his wife who once lived in the same neighborhood with me, I suspect in private Rigell and wife Terri agree with Bartholomew 100%. It is truly disgusting, but symptomatic of today's GOP not to mention the Tea Party crowd.

No comments: