Sunday, September 21, 2008

Outer Banks Sojourn

My boyfriend and I had a wonderful escape to the Outer Banks even though the winds off the ocean had to be 35- 40 knots and were pushing the raging surf up to the dune line at high tide. His friend's vacation house is beautiful and, unlike many of the newer monstrosities that have been built in recent years, has the wonderful feel of a true beach house. As for his friend, she is a warm, open minded and fun person and I am glad that I had an opportunity to get to know her better. The house party next month should be a lot of fun.
*
Today we attended the second session of the discussion group at my parish reviewing the proposed statement on human sexuality. As was the case of last week, today's session showed a great deal of understanding and acceptance. I hope and pray that the church wide assembly will do the right thing and adopt a gay accepting and gay affirming policy.
*
Tonight the boyfriend and I plan on spending a quiet evening at his home watching a movie or just relaxing and enjoying each other's company. I cannot recount how much having the boyfriend in my life has enhanced my happiness. I truly hope that I give him the happiness he has given me.

No comments: