Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Divorce Wars – A Further Episode


As I have mentioned previously, I find those who disingenuously market the ex-gay “cure” programs utterly despicable. It is folks like them that helped me feel that I had to be in the closet and expect God to cure my same sex attraction. Moreover, they set up the straight spouses for doomed marriages. All so that they can (1) make money off those desperately seeking to be straight, and (2) use the “choice” myth in their political efforts to keep gays from having full civil legal rights.

When these doomed marriages fail – as did my own and so many others – the stage is set for more suffering and much acrimony. In my case, I have a vengeful estranged spouse who wants revenge in our divorce suit and is incapable and/or unwilling to accept financial reality and the limits of what I can pay her. Her logic or lack thereof escapes me – why endeavor to make life so bad that at times I think I’d be better of just up and leave (for a more gay friendly country) everything? She does nothing that logically one should do for the best outcome: (1) get a full time job with health insurance benefits, (2) take some responsibility for her own future and face the fact that what was is gone forever, and (3) stop trying to poison the children against me, since eventually they will realize she was a shrew. In any event, I have additional hearings coming up and her attorney wants to depose both me and the b/f. Any readers who are believers, please pray for me!

I wish the hypocrites like James Dobson who peddle their “cure” snake oil would think once in a while about the lives that these programs and false propaganda damage. Even if they care nothing for the pain and damage done to the gay spouses, one would think that the Christian thing to do would be to at least think of the damage done to the straight spouse.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keeping you and your b/f in my thoughts, with the wish that it will go by quickly and be resolved sooner rather than later.