Saturday, January 11, 2014

Brantinham Lake - A Life Saver for a Gay Youth



In some of the earliest posts on this blog I spoke of my summers at our family summer home on Brantingham Lake in the western Adirondack Mountains.  Thankfully, the "camp" as they are called in the Adirondacks remains in the family and this summer I plan to take the boyfriend - who will be my husband by that point - for his first visit.  For those who watch the video, our place is the white boathouse to the left of the long point (named Long Point) that extends well out into the lake from the top of the frame.  Not excelling in team sports and suffering from jeers of "fag" at times at school during the school year, summers - where I excelled in swimming, water skiing and sailing - and my wonderful summer friends were literally a life saver.  No matter how long I live, a part of my heart will always be at Brantingham.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it wonderful to have a place like this? I have been all over the Adirondack Park lakes (especially the Fulton Chain), and I think this is heaven on earth.

I get the water skiing and sailing, but I swear, when I swam there, a certain part of my anatomy tended to crawl up into my armpits!!! That water is COLD, even in July!

Very cool post, Mike. This brought back a lot of memories.

Peace <3
Jay