Monday, October 31, 2016

Caribbean Cruise - Days 1 and 2

View of the beach facing east toward Nassau
So far we have been having a great time on our cruise.  The first full day was at sea with absolutely gorgeous weather.  Three of our gay friends are on the trip with us as is a contingent from the Hampton Yacht Club, always a partying crowd.  The second full day saw us in Nassau where I was able to reconnect with a friend I met 14 years ago when I was just beginning my coming out journey and made my first trip after beginning to accept my sexuality.  My husband and I, along with a friend on the cruise with us, met my friend and his partner and enjoyed taste of Nassau off the usual tourist track.  We lunched at a great little seafood restaurant full of locals enjoying an after church meal and then drove to the west end of the island of New Providence and enjoyed the beach near the condo where my friend and his partner live when in the Bahamas (the spend the rest of the year based out of Cannes, France).  The photos give a sense of the fun.   

Lunch - I recommend the gin and coconut milk drinks
  
Enjoying fresh coconut juice with rum right from the coconut! 

No comments: