Thursday, December 25, 2014

Christmas in New York!!


After much delayed travel, the husband and I arrived in New York City where we will spend the holiday weekend.  One of the husband's brothers is staying at our home and dog sitting the two Chihuahuas, so all is safe on the home front.  We are staying at a friend's apartment on Christopher Street in the West Village (he uses it two nights a week and we have the place to ourselves). The location is wonderful and is just down the block from the Stonewall Inn and The Monster Bar.

This afternoon we are having Christmas dinner with my brother and one of my nieces and one of my nephews and possibly some of their friends at my brother's place near 48th and Third Avenue.  On our way over, the husband wants to hit Rockefeller Center and some of the beautifully decorated stores.   Tomorrow evening we are going to "Beautiful" compliments of some of the husband's amazing clients who bought us tickets when they were in the City earlier this month.  Saturday night we will be going to the new restaurant where my niece is a chef which should be great fun too.   The rest of the weekend, we will visit out usual haunts and some wonderful vintage clothing shops on Greenwich Avenue and 14th Street.

As for my children, we had a wonderful Christmas Eve eve dinner with my daughters and their families and did an early gift exchange (the grandson and granddaughter are below).  My son is in Olympia, Washington and hopefully received his FedEx package on time for today. 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds pretty special! Merry Christmas, Mike!!!

Peace <3
Jay

EdA said...

All best wishes to you and The Husband, Michael, on your first year as a married couple.