Thursday, September 04, 2014

Honeymoon Trip and Reduced Posting

Venice

In the morning, the husband and I fly out for Venice, Italy via a stop over in Philadelphia on our "honeymoon trip" of sorts. Preparing has been crazy between lining up the house/dog sitter, arranging yard care and me working most of Labor Day weekend and late tonight in an effort to keep office matters under control.  Thankfully, with the law firm merger, I now have much more backup available, but I will nevertheless be checking office e-mail regularly to keep clients happy.  We arrive in Venice on Friday morning and will spend the night before boarding the Norwegian Jade for a 7 night cruise to the Greek Islands of Corfu, Mykonos and Santorini with a stop in Olympia before returning to Venice.  As a lover of history, this trip is a dream come true for me.  I will be posting as time permits while on the trip and providing both photos of the trip and my usual commentary on whatever stories/strikes my fancy.

By sheer coincidence one of our dear and generous friends will be in Santorini while we are there and we will be meeting up with her and her wonderful husband (she was "woman of honor" at our marriage in April).  The cruise will involve two days at sea, so hopefully the husband and I will get some much needed R&R especially in the wake of losing my father-in-law last month.

Should you see stories that you think might be of interest to me, send me the link!  I haven't done so in a while, but thank you to to each and every reader!
The Jade


Santorini


No comments: