I do not like to revel in the misfortune of others, but at times it is hard to fight the urge to do so, especially when such misfortunes overtake those who make careers in peddling anti-gay hate and bigotry. This blog previously noted the indictment of Lisa Biron who was arrested in 2012 after taking a teenage girl to Canada and filming her have sex with two adult men. Biron's trial has now concluded and she was convicted of the charges brought against her. The irony, of course is that Biron had been an attorney for the virulently anti-gay Christofascist organization Alliance Defense Fund, proving once again that it is the self-congratulatory, falsely pious "godly Christian" crowd that one most needs to watch when it comes to issues of sexual perversion. Queerty had coverage. Here are excerpts:
A lawyer who has worked with the anti-gay Alliance Defending Freedom has been found guilty of coercing a 14-year-old girl into making pornographic videos.
Manchester, New Hampshire, lawyer Lisa Biron was arrested in 2012 after taking a teenage girl to Canada and filming her have sex with two adult men.
On Friday, the jury deliberated for less than two hours before finding Biron guilty of eight federal indictments, including transportation of a minor with intent to engage in criminal sexual activity, possession of child pornography, and sexual exploitation of a child.
Biron was remanded into custody last fall after breaking the conditions of her bail. According to the Concord Monitor:
* Two witnesses testified to seeing Biron in possession of ecstasy, marijuana and cocaine.During the trial, jurors listened to a recording of a jailhouse phone call between Biron and her father, in which she claimed the girl “had a part in this.” Biron’s sentencing is scheduled for April, when prosecutors say they’ll ask for a nice long prison sentence.
* Biron sent a threatening text message to the person who turned her in to the police, advising him he would have to watch his back “FOR EVER.”
* Biron sent a text to a friend saying she might flee to Cuba because she had “nothing left.”
* Biron has asked people to lie to law enforcement about her case.
* Other juveniles have been subjected to Biron’s sexual activity and drug use.
ADF is a legal foundation founded in 1994 by, among others, Focus on the Family’s James Dobson and American Family Association’s Donald Wildmon.
I have long maintained that those who hang onto the legalistic, hate and fear based teachings of far right Christianity are compensating for their own inner demons and sexual perversions - perversions they trey to transfer to others. When someone wraps themselves in conservative Christianity and rants about the damnation of others, the best option is to run for safety, guarding your purse or wallet as you run fleeing.