Tuesday, August 07, 2012

An Example of The Damage That Bryan Fisher, Maggie Gallagher, Dan Cathy, et al., Do To Lives

Click on image to enlarge
As noted many times on this blog, I hold Bryan Fischer, Maggie Gallagher, Pope Benedict XVI, and folks like Dan Cathy in utter contempt.  They have been given an opportunity to accept the Gospel message of love and treating others as one would want to be treated, yet instead they have consciously chosen hate and intolerance.  Worse yet, the actively work to cause others to join in their hate and bigotry caring nothing for the lives they are damaging.  They reject modern knowledge and embrace ignorance and small mindedness.  And sadly, too many are still gullible and/or willing enough to buy into their poisonous message.  The image above is from Towleroad and it embodies the horrible damage done to innocent LGBT individuals who no more chose their sexual orientation - or "lifestyle" as the bigots like to call it - than they would ask to be the man in the moon.  When I see this kind of prejudice and rejection of one's own child in preference of the writings of what in the last analysis were ignorant, uneducated nomadic herders, it makes me sick.  Here are more highlights from Towleroad:

Reddit user RegBarc posted the disturbing missive, and writes:  .  .   . 
It's important to know just what this zealotry from Bryan Fisher, Maggie Gallagher, Dan Cathy, et al., does to everyday people. I've never done drugs, was an excellent student, an obedient child (far less trouble than many of my classmates), didn't drink until I was 22 because it terrified me, and have had just 1 speeding ticket in my life. Yet I am still seemingly deserving of this terrible act of hate and cowardice that one person can place on another. 5 years on and I am still doing fine, though this letter saunters into my mind every once in a while. When it does, I say without hesitation: F**k you, Dad.

It's an all too familiar situation for many LGBT kids out there.

He's right. The Dan Cathys of the world are giving tacit permission to parents to act this way. Shame on them.

These horrible homophobes may pat themselves on the back for their supposed piety.  In my book, they deserve a special place in Hell.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ugh--heartbreaking. My late father was a very stoic man, and since he was straight he didn't "get" why anyone would be gay. But he never rejected my gay brother, and that made a lot of difference in how things turned out for our family, I think.