Saturday, May 26, 2012

Wedding Day Excitment and Frenzy

I'm doing a few posts  now because in just a few hours the everything will start getting busy and frenzied as we prepare for my daughter's wedding here at our home.  I spent the day yesterday doing last minute painting touch ups, manicuring the yard and getting the backyard ready for the ceremony that will have the tidal creek as the backdrop.  Thankfully, the weather forecast is perfect and with the actual ceremony set for 6:00 PM, the heat should have slacked off to a comfortable level.  It will definitely be strange having my former wife and some of her siblings and their families her, but I feel confident that everyone will behave.   

The cake (which will look something like the one above) will arrive around 1:30 to 2:00 PM and the and caterers arrive around 3:00PM for set up and a young friend will be bar-tending for us.  Music is set up for both during the reception and for dancing on the back patio under a large tent complete with chandelier that we had erected both in case the weather had failed to cooperate and to give us more covered space for the crowd which will overflow the house.   It goes without saying that the Boyfriend will be doing my daughter's hair.  

Thankfully, my oldest daughter from Olympia, Washington, and her new husband will be attending, although my son in northern California was not able to make the trip.  As is the growing trend among their generation, my daughter and her husband opted for a non-church wedding - one of the Hampton Circuit Court judges who lives up the street will be officiating.

 
Wish us luck for a happy and memorable day.  Needless to say, there will be pictures tomorrow and the next day.

4 comments:

Buddy Bear said...

Best wishes and congratulations!

When you were in your darkest moments after your coming-out, could you ever have imagined such happiness in your life? Your story has been inspirational to me throughout my journey and remains so to this day.

Michael-in-Norfolk said...

Thanks for your kind words. My journey has certainly had its ups and downs. Today should be a very happy and special day. As I said, I will post some photos here and on Facebook.

Unknown said...

Congratulations and best of luck, Michael! I'm sure your daughter appreciates all you've done, not only on this day but over the years! Be blessed!
~m

Jack Scott said...

My wish is for the young couple: A long, healthy and prosperous life together.

Jack Scott