Monday, March 12, 2012

James Inhofe (R-OK) - One of the Faces of Ignorance in the GOP

I take a tremendous amount of grief at times from readers who describe themselves as "moderate Republicans" and claim that I am too harsh on the Republican Party as a whole. Having come from a family of a long line of Republicans and having been a GOP activist myself once upon a time, I beg to dis agree. The Republican Party has indeed become the party of ignorance and religious extremism. If one needs yet another example of the simple minded Christianist batshitery which now pervades the GOP one need look no farther than Senator Jame Inhofe of Oklahoma (has everyone in Oklahoma had a lobotomy?). Here's how Inhofe - who is the author of The Greatest Hoax: How the Global Warming Conspiracy Threatens Your Future - explains away global warming and the effect of greenhouse gases as reported on PoliticalWire:

Inhofe's defense of his thesis is the Bible, not science. On a radio show yesterday, Inhofe explained: "Well actually the Genesis 8:22 that I use in there is that 'as long as the earth remains there will be seed time and harvest, cold and heat, winter and summer, day and night,' my point is, God's still up there. The arrogance of people to think that we, human beings, would be able to change what He is doing in the climate is to me outrageous."

Obviously, one can only wonder about the intelligence - or lack thereof - of citizens who would send a Kool-Aid drinking loon like Inhofe to Washington as their U. S. Senator.

1 comment:

Jack Scott said...

I don't think I give you grief about being too rough on the radical right wing of the Republican Party Michael.

I just keep suggesting that you are overlooking its polar opposite - the radical left wing of the Democrat Party which is, to use your word, as capable of batshitery as any right winger ever was.

Radicalism is a clear and present danger whether it exists in Democrats, Republicans, Christians or Muslims.

Jack Scott