Thursday, December 22, 2011

Hate Group Founder, Don Wldmon Endorses Gingrich

As if there weren't already plenty of reasons to feel contempt towards Don Wildmon (pictured at left), the founder of registered hate group American Family Association, he has added further justification with his endorsement of serial adulterer Newt Gingrich for president and additional gratuitous derogatory anti-gay commentary. For those who haven't visited AFA's website, it contains all kinds of fraudulent anti-gay propaganda. In addition, AFA mouthpiece Bryan Fischer has an almost daily case of anti-gay verbal diarrhea. Right Wing Watch reports on Wildmon's endorsement of Gingrich. About the only thing Wildmon gets right is when he says "I’m not trying to say I got any kind of intellect." Wildmon has about as much intellect as a horse's ass (no insult intended to horses) and makes chimpanzees look like lofty intellectuals. His level of truth and veracity makes a pathological liar look like honest Abe. Here are highlights from Right Wing Watch:

[T]he founder of the far-right American Family Association Don Wildmon endorsed Newt Gingrich for president, citing Gingrich’s stringent attacks against the judiciary and the need to stop Mitt Romney from winning the Republican nomination as reasons for his endorsement. Wildmon told AFA spokesman Bryan Fischer, who has harshly criticized Gingrich, that he was originally “ecstatic” about Rick Perry but decided against supporting him due to his poor debate performances and said that only Gingrich can stop “the homosexuals and the liberals” from their plot to “destroy the family” and “the whole of Western Civilization.

Wildmon: If we don’t have a strong leadership that knows and believes in maintaining our Judeo-Christian heritage, we’re going to lose it. And let me tell you, don’t load up any buses because there’s nowhere else in the world that what we have can be replicated. It’s gone and it is gone forever if Obama or Romney wins the presidency, it’s gone and it’s gone forever. That’s a strong statement, I’m not trying to scare anybody, I’m not trying to say I got any kind of intellect, but I just see it and it’s there and if we lose this country, it’s gone and it can never again be replicated.

Now and I say this with Newt sitting there, only Newt knows Newt’s heart other than God, I think that he has paid his dues, I think he has accepted his forgiveness, God has forgiven him, I forgive him, let’s go on to do what’s best for the country.

I am supporting Newt because I think he’s the best fellow for the job, as far as sin, we know what’s in Newt’s past, Paul was a murderer, Moses was a murderer, David was an adulterer and for all intents and purposes a murderer, the man has paid his dues, he’s been forgiven by God. Am I supporting him? Yes I am. Why? I’ll say it again; I think that everything considered he is the best candidate for the office.


Frankly, Wildmon and those like him in the Christianist/Tea Party base of the GOP are the true threat to America. They embrace ignorance and bigotry and the marginalization of others. Moreover, they are delusional if they think the rest of the world isn't going to leave the USA in the dust if the nation's so-called conservative leadership doesn't stop trying to move the country decades if not centuries backwards in time.

No comments: