Saturday, October 15, 2011

Think Twice About Booking Royal Caribbean If You Need Business Internet Access

The boyfriend and I made it to Barcelona and are now aboard the Liberty of the Seas and life might be good if the Internet service wasn't a major piece of crap. From what I have been able to figure out so far with my computer - which I need to access the law firm e-mail, etc., remotely - it seems that Royal Caribbean has expired security certificates and the result is that a computer with good firewall protection and anti-virus cannot sign onto the Internet.


To say that I am hugely PISSED is an understatement and unless a fix can be found, I will be cancelling some shore excursions so that I can find reliable Internet access in port. My advise from my experience so far to anyone who must conduct business while traveling and must use secure computers, check out a different cruise line. I could in theory use the ship's computers but guess what, they lack the program I need to access the law office account. I'm afraid I am majorly f*cked.


I will keep you updated and do some posting - since I can't do what's most critical. So far my thoughts on the trip are that it was a major, major mistake - or at least traveing on Royal Caribbean - and I wish I had stayed home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's really sad is that you can't just escape from the work while you are traveling. I hope things work out in the end!

Peace <3
Jay

Theaterdog said...

I know you have to look after the office, but wish you could turn this off and enjoy and relax and restore, you deserve it.
Have fun, travel safely.

tim