Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Kitty Lee Thomas Handmade Marshmallows To Debut at Robicelli's July 23

Back in May after one of my nieces' wedding I mentioned my late sister's daughter who lives in New York City and who decided to walk away from a promising career in banking to pursue her real love: cooking and baking - something she clearly inherited from my sister. Back at the first of the year she finished her training at The French Culinary Institute. Now, Zagat Buzz - New York has a story on my niece's debut of her new gourmet handmade marshmallows at the Dekalb Market in Brooklyn this weekend. It goes without saying that we are extremely proud of Kristin and wish her much success in this new endeavor. Here are some story highlights:
*
Good news for marshmallow lovers - Robicelli's sous chef Kristin Godburn has crafted a new line of gourmet handmade marshmallows for the sweets company called Kitty Lee Thomas Sweets that will debut at Dekalb Market on July 23.
*
Expect flavor combos like: original almond, rocky road, banana fluffernut and coconut lime. Other flavors coming soon include: cookies n' cream, peanut fluffernut, mocha, blueberry cobbler, chocolate-caramel pecan and s'mores. Ok we're getting seriously hungry. Are gourmet marshmallows the next sweets craze a la cupcakes? Head down to Dekalb Market next Saturday and decide for yourself - online ordering will also be available soon (332 Flatbush Avenue Ext., Brooklyn).
*
I hope readers in New York will check out Kitty Lee Thomas's goods (the name of the business comes from my late sister's nickname, my niece's middle name and my niece's late father).

No comments: