Saturday, May 14, 2011

A Family Wedding - Part II

I had my misgivings a we headed out early this morning to my niece's wedding, but the day proved to be a wonder, happy and healing experience. I believe many old emotional wounds were healed and that my siblings all felt that moving on and allowing the past to remain the past was the order of the day. Moreover, the wedding was a sweet, sentimental and most enjoyable affair with good music, good food and good company. On top of that, the weather cooperated and we had a gorgeous day - even if some of us are a bit sunburned as a result. The view from the house is set out above and the wedding party is set out below (my niece's brother is second from the right and his English wife is at far left). Not surprisingly, the boyfriend worked his usual magic on the bride's and bridesmaids' hair. And at the risk of sounding a bit "woo-woo," I do feel that my parents were with us in spirit today.


No comments: