Monday, December 27, 2010

My Readers - Thank You

There have truly been times in the past when the support - and I'd call it almost something akin to love - from readers has kept me going and carried me through some truly dark days. My readers have been my cyberspace lifeline. Sometimes the support comes in the form of an e-mail from Melbourne, Australia; other times it's an e-mail from the Loire Valley of France; or a kind e-mail from the state of Delaware. And other times it's in the form of a note or gift that makes writing this blog something special. Today at the office I received a sweet card and a gift from a reader named Stephen and his partner, Keelung, that brightened up my somewhat brooding mood that haunted me much of the day. Among other things, the author of the note said "keep the photos and the blog coming . . . your loyal subscribers." I will do my best to live up to expectations in the coming year.
*
As I have noted before, writing a blog such as this one brings many things ranging from the bad - e.g., occasional death treats and rantings from Christianist extremists - to the sweet and caring such as today's note and gift. I hope my effort and venting here also helps others who are traveling a journey of coming out in mid life (it's frightening, but a number of folks ask for my advice and I hope my thoughts are of help) or other tribulations who may learn from my errors and missteps and hopefully find the happiness and self-acceptance we all seek.
*
Thank you to each and every one of you - last month there were over 14,000 page visits. It means so very much to me. Most especially on days like today when I've needed a boost in spirits.

No comments: