Monday, December 13, 2010

I have been very critical of the White House and it's lack of engagement on getting DADT repealed. Frankly, I have come to wonder whether or not Obama, a/k/a the Liar-in-Chief, gives a flip one way or the other if DADT is repealed or not. The cartoon above seems to sum up the situation and the Liar-in-Chief's attitude to folks like me in the LGBT community - especially in light of this statement today by Senator Carl Levin on C-SPAN today:
*
"The way I think the President needs to fight is to say that he is going to use all of the power he has of a bully pulpit and urge the Senate to stay in, right up to New Years….that’s the problem that I don’t see that kind of a willingness to fight that hard, where he will take that kind of a position and that’s what’s necessary. The Senate and the House, these are tests of wills."
*
When not voting or contributing money, in Obama's view, LGBT Americans belong under the bus. I am way past disgusted with the Liar-in-Chief.

No comments: