Friday, December 03, 2010

Admiral Mullen Shows Honor and Integrity - Obama remains Missing in Action

While I never trusted the Pentagon to not try to skew the DADT report, I have been overall pleased with it. Moreover, I have been impressed with some of the military leadership who understand - without directly stating it - that DADT is an assault on the U.S. S. Constitution and the supposed guarantee of equality and religious freedom for all citizens. If DADT is not repealed, the U. S. Senate will be confirming to the world that America and it's Constitution are a fraud. Via America Blog here are remarks made by Admiral Mullen when challenged by John McSenile:
*
"With all due respect, Mr. Chairman and Sen. McCain, it is true that, as chairman, I am not in charge of troops. But I have commanded three ships, a carrier battle group and two fleets. And I was most recently a service chief myself. For more than 40 years I have made decisions that affected and even risked the lives of young men and women.
*
"You do not have to agree with me on this issue. But don't think for one moment that I haven't carefully considered the impact of the advice I give on those who will have to live with the decisions that that advice informs. I would not recommend repeal of this law if I did not believe in my soul that it was the right thing to do for our military, for our nation and for our collective honor."
*
And meanwhile what's the Liar-in-Chief doing? According to the Washington Blade, NOTHING! The man is proving again and again that his honesty and truthfulness is ZERO. All those campaign promises meant NOTHING. Here are highlights from the Blade:
*
White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said he’s unaware of any attempt by President Obama to convince fence-sitting senators to support “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” repeal following the release of the Pentagon report on the military’s gay ban — but said Defense Secretary Robert Gates has made calls to influence lawmakers.
*
Asked by the Washington Blade on Wednesday whether the president has been reaching out to senators following publication of the study, Gibbs replied, “Not that I’m aware of.”
*
I stand ready to work on the campaign of any Democrat that will challenge Obama for the 2012 nomination. If that challenger is credible, I know MANY folks who are ready and waiting to drop Obama like a putrid hot potato.

No comments: